freetds - Re: configure unable to find reentrant functions

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: configure unable to find reentrant functions
  • Date: 12 Sep 2002 21:02:55 +0200

Il gio, 2002-09-12 alle 19:57, Stan Liberman ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I've just downloaded the release version and my attempts to build it are
> consistently failing.
> When I run
> ./configure --enable-threadsafe
> I see the following lines:
>
> checking threadsafety... enabled
> checking for which type of gethostbyname_r... checking for
> gethostbyname_r... no
> no
> checking for getservbyname_r... checking for getservbyname_r... no
> no
> checking for which type of gethostbyaddr_r... checking for
> gethostbyaddr_r... no
> no
> done
>

> If I try to compile, it bombs building threadsafe.o saying:
>
> threadsafe.c:94:2: #error gethostbyname_r style unknown
> threadsafe.c:119:2: #error gethostbyaddr_r style unknown
> threadsafe.c:144:2: #error getservbyname_r style unknown
>

> I build on Solaris 5.8 on Intel.

Fixed in CVS (seconds ago... if you don't have CVS access you have to
wait tomorrow)
Tested on sf (I can't do full test, only compile and check that tests do
not core, but they cannot connect...)
Problem was that in configure we try to compile without adding network
library to link, so it fail to compile.