freetds - Re: rc4 is ready, shall we call it 0.60?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: rc4 is ready, shall we call it 0.60?
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:50:04 -0400

> Brian,
>
> I have uploaded rc4 to ibiblio. Frediano and I chatted. I fixed up some
> local cvs issues I had. He tested "rc3.99"; rc4 has an updated spec file.
> All else is as it was, after this morning's early retagging.

Cool, let me test on AIX et al.

> I'd like to call this the real thing, and I'd like you to have a looksee
> first.
>
> Points:
>
> 1. The tarball unfolds into "freetds-0.60", not freetds. This is std
> "make dist" behavior, so it shouldn't go over too hard.

Good, that was one problem with rc3.

> 2. I will upload and announce to sf. Where do you normally send
> submissions?

I send to freshmeat, comp.os.linux.announce, comp.databases.sybase
comp.databases.ms-sqlserver, linuxpr.com, ummm....did i miss anything?

> 3. I don't know much about linux distros and what they include. Is there
> an easy way to find out (like asking here), or should I just say, um, RH,
> debian, and many others?

> 4. I will take the advice to talk about text/image datatype handling. I
> think we handle these fine, now, except for converting them (to anything
> except character types), and bcp of text types does not work.
>
> 5. I will say that RPMs will be made available on ibiblio, too.

Coolness.

> Anything I've overlooked? I'll post the announcement here, too, prior to
> wandering around the internet with it.

Update the news item on the web site and all that.

> --jkl

Will right back in a few with results.

Brian