freetds - rc4 is ready, shall we call it 0.60?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James K. Lowden <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: rc4 is ready, shall we call it 0.60?
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:00:21 -0400

Brian,

I have uploaded rc4 to ibiblio. Frediano and I chatted. I fixed up some
local cvs issues I had. He tested "rc3.99"; rc4 has an updated spec file.
All else is as it was, after this morning's early retagging.

I'd like to call this the real thing, and I'd like you to have a looksee
first.

Points:

1. The tarball unfolds into "freetds-0.60", not freetds. This is std
"make dist" behavior, so it shouldn't go over too hard.

2. I will upload and announce to sf. Where do you normally send
submissions?

3. I don't know much about linux distros and what they include. Is there
an easy way to find out (like asking here), or should I just say, um, RH,
debian, and many others?

4. I will take the advice to talk about text/image datatype handling. I
think we handle these fine, now, except for converting them (to anything
except character types), and bcp of text types does not work.

5. I will say that RPMs will be made available on ibiblio, too.

Anything I've overlooked? I'll post the announcement here, too, prior to
wandering around the internet with it.