freetds - Re: Link error for C++ with FreeTDS - certain dblib calls missing in FreeTDS lib

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James K. Lowden <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Link error for C++ with FreeTDS - certain dblib calls missing in FreeTDS lib
  • Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 16:08:51 -0400

On Sat, 24 Aug 2002 14:43:42 -0400 (EDT), "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Aug 2002, James K. Lowden wrote:
>
> > (Hey, hey, the gang's all here, a FreeTDS Saturday. :)
> >

> Just back from lunch. #167 on sour dough....Mmmmmm

"Unknown marker: 167!!"

Poppy bagel w/ cream cheese, black coffee, $1.85.

> > Just to remind, dbopen() became the exported name about a month ago;
> > DBOPEN is in the .h. That's what Sybase does (of late).
>
> how are we working around the dbm conflict then?

(mumble...) ISTR something I didn't do but thought I did. Can I be
guilty of that? Turns out I was thinking of dbdead().

If you use ./configure --binary_compatible, nothing happens. But in a
future version, that would export dbopen() and frustrate anyone trying to
link in dbm.

> > > dbaltbind will be mostly a duplication of the existing bind
> > > routines, but may need some underpinnings.
> >
> > dbaltbind binds a compute column to a program variable. I never used
> > it myself (too much work for too little result; it's easy enough to do
> > your own summaries) but is it really a duplication of something else?
> >

> I mean it will be basically a dup of the regrow column binding.

I see. You mean the logic for dbaltbind() would be very similar to that
of dbbind(). I'm sure that would lead to interesting refactoring....