freetds - Link error for C++ with FreeTDS - certain dblib calls missing in FreeTDS lib

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Savitri Sarangi" <ssarangi AT Satyam.odc.ml.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Link error for C++ with FreeTDS - certain dblib calls missing in FreeTDS lib
  • Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 09:26:20 -0400

Hi

I am trying to connect to SQL Server 2000 from a C++ application on
Solaris using FreeTDS. I am using Sun Workshop CC v6.2 for compiling and
linking. FreeTDS is already installed as per specification. My compilation
command looks like this

/apps/dev/sun5/lang6.2/SUNWspro/bin/CC makeconnect.C -I/libraries/dbint
-I./libraries/distribution -I./libraries/util -I/home
/qaetr/Satyam_dev/sav/ft/include -DCLASSIC_IOSTREAMS
-library=rwtools7,iostream -staticlib=rwtools7,iostream
./libraries/libDBINT.a ./libraries/lib DISTRIBUTION.a
./libraries/libUTIL.a ./libraries/libUtil.a -library=rwtools7,iostream
-staticlib=rwtools7,iostream
-R/home/qaetr/Satyam_dev/sav/ft/lib
-Bdynamic /home/qaetr/Satyam_dev/sav/ft/lib/libsybdb.a
/home/qaetr/Satyam_dev/sav/ft/lib/libtds.a -ldl -Bstatic -lsocket -lnsl
-DTDS42

In short, I have included necessary libraries. But I am getting Undefined
symbol error for about 18 of SQL Server dblibrary functions. (these
functions are dbopen, dbaltbind, dbcolbrowse, dbsetlname etc, etc) I then
checked FreeTDS libraries libsybdb.a, libtds.a, libct.a for presence of
these functions. No, they are not found.

Can any one help me asap? In which shared library of FreeTDS these
functions are present? Why my installation lacks that? I installed FreeTDS
from Freetds-0.53.tgz. I also tried current snapshot available on the site

Thanks

savitri