freetds - Issue with IMAGE type in latest build

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Eric Deutsch" <edeutsch AT systemsbiology.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Issue with IMAGE type in latest build
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 10:16:21 -0700

Hi, I just pulled down the latest from CVS and have been testing it
against my previous stable version. It's looking really good! I've
only come across one issue so far:

In src/tds/convert.c:tds_convert_binary(), I see that it has been
totally rewritten very nicely, but it no longer prepends the '0x' to the
result when converting to CHAR data. For example, if an IMAGE field
contained 'A', the result used to be '0x41' but now only '41' gets
returned. When doing queries in Query Analyzer, the result looks like
'0x41'. Was removing the '0x' intentional, or should it be added back
in?

Thanks,
Eric