freetds - Re: Building on HPUX

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Building on HPUX
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:45:25 +0200

> > On 21 Aug 2002, Kurt Telep wrote:
> >
> > > I'm trying to build the latest version on
> > > HP/UX, and keep running into shared library
> > > problems, mostly complaining that I have to
> > > add a +x or +X to the compile string.
> > >
> > > I'm compiling with gcc 2.95.2, and using
> > > gmake.
> >
> > Runtime linker problems?
> >
> > Quite a few things went into autoconf's input recently.
> >
> > Please post the errors you're seeing. Perhaps with your
> participation we can adjust things so they work on your system.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > --jkl
>
> Here's the errors then I get when it attempts to link
>
> /bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -DTDS50 -fPIC +Z -o
> libtds.la -rpath /usr/local/freetds/lib mem.lo token.lo
> util.lo login.lo
> read.lo write.lo convert.lo numeric.lo config.lo query.lo iconv.lo
> -liconv
> .rm -fr .libs/libtds.la .libs/libtds.* .libs/libtds.*
> /usr/bin/ld -b +h libtds.sl.0 +b /usr/local/freetds/lib -o
> .libs/libtds.sl.0.0 mem.o token.o util.o login.o read.o
> write.o convert.o
> numeric.o config.o query.o iconv.o /usr/local/lib/libiconv.sl -lc
> /usr/bin/ld: DP relative code in file mem.o - shared library must be
> position
> independent. Use +z or +Z to recompile.
>
> Can't seem to get past this, even when adding the -fPIC, and following
> some of HP's suggestions on making things position independent.
>
> Thanks-
>
> Kurt

Try to define LDFLAGS as "+Z" before calling configure script.
What version of ld are you using? GNU or HPUX

freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."