freetds - Re: Issue with IMAGE type in latest build

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Issue with IMAGE type in latest build
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:13:23 +0200

> Hi All - I'm back...
>
> I seem to have 800 unread emails after my holiday, most to do
> with FreeTDS.
> A brief resume of the current situation would help me out!
>
> If there's anything in particular that needs sorting , let me know...
>
> I spotted this one...
>
> I removed the leading "0x" after reading the following from the Sybase
> dbconvert() documentation....
>
> "A conversion to or from the datatypes SYBBINARY and SYBIMAGE
> is a straight
> bit-copy, except when the conversion involves SYBCHAR or SYBTEXT. When
> converting SYBCHAR or SYBTEXT data to SYBBINARY or SYBIMAGE, DBCONVERT
> interprets the SYBCHAR or SYBTEXT string as hexadecimal,
> whether or not the
> string contains a leading "0x". When converting SYBBINARY or
> SYBIMAGE data
> to SYBCHAR or SYBTEXT, dbconvert creates a hexadecimal string
> without a
> leading "0x". "
> The manual for cs_convert() says the same...
>
> Bill

Hi Bill !

0x problem was already fixed.

There has been some discussion but (not only to help you to districate in
mails) remains open...

- VARCHAR and CHAR difference. Returning from VARCHAR/CHAR seem to have
different behaviour. CHAR return padded with blank until length while
VARCHAR return string without padding.
- we should add a TDSSOCKET* to tds_convert (be able to pass socket to
tds_client_msg)
- bcp stuff test seem broken. t0016.in and t0017.in are missed and test
return true even bcp_exec return false (dblib return 1 test fail while it
should return 3). You have written bcp stuff so... have you these file?
- define constant to specify int limit (INT16_MAX, etc) using configure.in
(inttypes.h are not portable...)

freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."