freetds - Re: Python interface

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Python interface
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:52:09 -0400

just FYI, I was able to build this thing but I have no idea about python
so I couldn't verify that it actually works. But here are my steps:

Grab distutils if you dont have it.

tar xvfz distutils-latest.tgz
cd distutils
python setup.py install

cd ..
tar xvfz sybase-0.34.tgz
cd sybase-0.34
export SYBASE=/usr/local/freetds
export CFLAGS="-DHAVE_FREETDS"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/freetds/lib:${LD_LIBARY_PATH}
python setup.py install
cd examples
(edit the example.py and fix the bottom stuff, freetds lacks the 110
symbols for version use 100)
python example.py
(did nothing...dunno what it's suppose to do though)

Brian