freetds - Help required

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "John Seers" <John.Seers AT uk.lionbioscience.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Help required
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:30:03 -0400

Hello

I am new to this and freetds so please excuse my lack of knowledge and
experience. But this looks suspiciously like a problem I have been
struggling with. However the instructions below do not help me very much
on fixing it. Could someone help me with some more details on what I
should do?

I have been working with 0.53, and connecting using ctlib. I can connect
with a little C program but repeating the code in a rather more complex
environment I get a segfault calling ct_connect. Tracing through using gdb
(see a few line below) I get aStruct change to NULL which I think is
something to do with the ctx.

The instructions below talk about adding the config.h line to tsql.c but I
cannot find that in my set up. I notice a fix has been booked in. Should I
download the "Snapshot" to pick this up? I would prefer to work with a
release rather than being too leading edge at the moment and I assume the
Snapshot is right at the edge.

Very grateful for help and advice to get me going again in the right
direction.

Regards.

John Seers

#3 0x40734ba9 in tds_process_default_tokens (tds=0x889bc70, marker=171)
at token.c:101
(gdb)
#2 0x4073647b in tds_process_msg (tds=0x889bc70, marker=171) at
token.c:1214
(gdb)
#1 0x407339de in ctlib_handle_info_message (aStruct=0x889bc70) at
ctutil.c:38
(gdb)
#0 0x00000010 in ?? ()

On Sun, 11 Aug 2002 freddyz77 AT tin.it wrote:

>> This has been the topic of discussion for the past couple of days. For
>> some reason tds->tds_ctx is NULL after the call to tds_connect(),
although