freetds - Re: DBLIB function

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bill Thompson" <thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: DBLIB function
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 11:53:06 -0400

Anagh,

> I am not able to find an equivalent to DBISAVAIL(dbproc) in FreeTDS
> DBlib

No, I can't find it either except defined in sybdb.h . From the manual,
I'm not sure of its purpose, and I've not come across this function
before. The manual says this about it...

"This routine indicates whether the specified DBPROCESS is available for
general use. When a DBPROCESS is first opened, it is marked as being
available, until some use is made of it. Many DB-Library routines will
automatically set the DBPROCESS to "not available," but only dbsetavail
will reset it to "available." This facility is useful when several parts
of a program are attempting to share a single DBPROCESS."

Is your use of DBISAVAIL necessary for your program ?

> I have a program on a Solaris platform which connects to Sybase Database
> using Sybase DB Library,
> I am trying to convert that application to connect to my SQL Server using
> FreeTDS Dblib,

FYI, and if you need a short term solution to the DBISAVAIL issue, you can
still use Sybase's dblib to talk to SQL server, provided you call
dbsetversion(DBVERSION_46) at the appropriate point in your program...

Bill