freetds - Re: DBLIB function

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bill Thompson" <thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: DBLIB function
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 12:15:37 -0400

> Hello Bill,
>
> DBISAVAIL is a function defined in the dblibrary (SYBinclude) provided by
> Sybase.
> How can I achieve this functionality using FREETDS, would I be able to use
> DBDEAD to find out the database server is alive or not?

yes you can use DBDEAD in FreeTDS to find out if the database server is
alive or not, but that doesn't appear to be DBISAVAIL's function.
DBISAVAIL appears to be used to allow multiple "threads" of a single
program to manage database access through a single dblib connection. Is
this what your application is using it for ?

Bill