freetds - Re: DBLIB function

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bill Thompson" <thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: DBLIB function
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 12:34:45 -0400

Brian,

> if (tds->state = COMPLETED && /* is there a query pending? */

(shurely shome mishtake...)

tds->state == COMPLETED

:-)

Seriously, if we need this we'll also need dbsetavail().
It looks to me like these two functions support a programmatic method of
managing concurrent use of a dbprocess (rather than saying anything
intrinsic about what is actually happening with the connection, such as a
query having results pending). is that your reading of it ? If so, I guess
we need a flag in the dbproc which (as the manual says) *most* dblib
functions would set to "unavailable", and dbsetavail() would set to
"available"....

Bill