freetds - Re: JDBC strange error

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Sobotka, Marcin" <Marcin.Sobotka AT domdata.depfa-it.com>
  • To: 'TDS Development Group' <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: JDBC strange error
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 15:13:15 +0200

HI,

I have seen this problem few months ago.
I have thried to find out what that is. W'll try to describe what I have
found.
1. it occurs only when the protocol is in 7.0 mode (in 4.2 all works fine)
2. it happends undeterministic
I have try target the problem and search the error reason in 'java threads'
(I connect from different thread but the same process') or 'system socket
pooling' but the results was poor.
I have found that the first queries runs fine. From clean system (fresh
start) first query never fails.

I haven't much time so I decided to use 4.2 mode.
I haven't time to explore the difference beetween 7.0 and 4.2 mode in source
version

Marcin

P.S. Sorry for poor english.