freetds - Where to start programming?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "freeTDS" <freetds AT mail.rineco.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Where to start programming?
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 16:45:38 -0500

I've successfully compiled/installed freeTDS and can access our MS SQL
Server (6.5) via Perl and sqsh w/out a hitch.

If I wanted to pursue this in C/C++ where would one start? Are there any
examples out there anywhere or any that folks would care to share?

I'm not very proficient in C/C++, but I'd like to be in the future and
would like to learn how to utilize freeTDS in the process.

I looked through the documentation and it looks as though the
documentation in regards to programming is unfinished and/or lacking. ;-)

Anyhow any and all suggestions/code/links/commets welcome!

Best Regards,
-tim