freetds - RE: Freetds-> DBD::Sybase 'make test' fails

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Freetds-> DBD::Sybase 'make test' fails
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 17:40:27 -0500

I thought that might be the case....

> The server is MSSQL2000 on win2k server and not sure about
> the protocol
> version. How do I check this?

When you built FreeTDS, you might have set the default TDS version using the
--with-tdsver option to ./configure. If you didn't, the default is 5.0,
which will *not* work with MS servers. You should be using 7.0.

To override the default at runtime, set the TDSVER environment variable
(0.51):
http://www.freetds.org/userguide/envvar.html#AEN337

or in your freetds.conf file (0.53):
http://www.freetds.org/userguide/freetdsconf.html

I recommend the latter.

I think setting your protocol version will do the trick.

> and as for the TDSDUMP variable, to what do I set it?

TDSDUMP is an environment variable, in your shell. You can also have the
same effect by setting the "dump file" variable in freetds.conf.

> Thanks for the response!

No problem. I hope it's that easy.