freetds - Solutions for Namespace Conflicts?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Patrick Muldoon" <doon AT inoc.net>
  • To: <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Solutions for Namespace Conflicts?
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:24:26 -0500

Hello,

I have been working on a module for proftpd to authenticate against MS
SQL Server. Finally got the code mostly done using dblib. Go to run
it and in cores in an odd place. Tons of digging and debugging later, I
realize I am hitting a namespace conflict with dbm. Code in getpwent
from FreeBSD is calling dbopen, and causing proftpd to crash.

Now my question... Does anybody have some pointers or ideas on a way to
resolve this. I am going to spend a little more time today on this, and
if I can't come up with a solution, I am going to rewrite the modules
using ct_lib..

Thanks,
Patrick

--
Patrick Muldoon, Network/Software Engineer
INOC, LLC

Regarding security, WindowsNT is an OS with a 'Kick me' sign stuck on
it's back.