freetds - Re: TDS 5.0 Functional Specification

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: TDS 5.0 Functional Specification
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:36:49 -0500 (EST)

Ack, Sybase has since totally changed their site around, you can't even
find this thing in a search and the old page
http://www.sybase.com/products/TDSfunctionalSpecForm.html no longer works.

IANAL, I have no idea what is considered acceptable use of a
copyrighted work with no documented copyright grant. I believe it
defaults to "all rights reserved" for the copyright holder. The EULA
formerly attached to it had an NDA clause, so I dunno...which meant it
could be used in binary-only programs, but it was unclear whether source
code would be considered 'disclosure'. We never did get confirmation.
Not sure if the Sybase guys are still on the list, but it'd be a good
time to speak up if so.

Brian