freetds - Re: Solutions for Namespace Conflicts?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Solutions for Namespace Conflicts?
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 10:18:58 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Patrick Muldoon wrote:

> Ok I am going to 0.53rc2 right now..
>
> But the fact that it is a define? How exactly will that help me? I
> have been away from C coding for way too long:) Will it not get
> called? Or do I have to comment it out or something along those lines.
> Pardon my silly questions, as I too need caffeine as the as the only
> showing on Lord of the Rings I could get was 10pm.. 20+ minutes of
> commercials and previews, 3hours of movie, and a 1 hr ride home, I
> wonder how many penguin minutes I am going to need to finish testing
> this ?

The sybdb.h header is included only by the C file that does the dblib
stuff right? so foo.c gets run through the preprocessor and becomes an
intermmediate form with all #include's and #define's and such resolved so
after cpp is done with it you have dbopen() being tdsdbopen() which gets
compiled and linked against the rest of the libraries including dbm and
libsybdb your call to dbopen() actually becomes a call to tdsdbopen() in
libsybdb.a and dbm's call to dbopen stays untransformed and goes to dbopen
in libdbm.a (or whatever the name of the library is).

Cheers,

Brian