freetds - Re: Freetds + PHP - It finally works!

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Bob Kline <bkline AT rksystems.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Freetds + PHP - It finally works!
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 06:59:04 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Vladimir wrote:

> 2 steps, wich may cause problems in build process.
> 1. CVS version don't want to make with Solaris native make. Previous
> versions makes. I must to install GNU make and use it.

This requirement is well-documented.

> 2. Ltconfig comlained about incorrect version. I muct
> set LTCONFIG_VERSION='1.3.3' end export it before running gmake.

Yes, this is a more recent development. It's surprising that the same
folks who can get low-level code working properly to communicate with a
complex on-the-wire protocol with a DBMS have difficulty figuring out
how to make these much higher-level tools work. I confess I'm one of
them. I don't have a clue about autoconf, and my eyes glaze over when
discussions, which I can only assume are highly sophisticated
explanations of why it's a Good Thing that the build process should
assume a specific version of a tool, start scrolling by. :->}

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline AT rksystems.com