freetds - Re: some more changes

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: some more changes
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 13:50:40 -0500

> I've checked in a few more minor changes (adding parameters to
> message handler declarations, return statements that were implied,
> etc.).
> include/cspublic.h
> include/tds_util.h
> src/dblib/bcp.c
> src/dblib/dbutil.c
> src/tds/write.c
>
> Here are a few I wanted to ask about before checking in:
>
> 1) Why aren't the severity levels listed in sybfront.h? I've copied
> them over from SQL Server's sybfront.h file. Any reason not to check
> this in?

Just a word here. I've tried extremely hard not to possibly contaminate
FreeTDS with any copyrighted Sybase (or MS) materials. So most of the
constants and function names in ctlib/dblib come from programs which
actually call them. Which is why some functions remain stubbed (Sybperl
knows them all, so they at least have stubs) because very few if any
programs ever use them.

I feel it's highly unlikely that Sybase would ever come after us, however
I'd like to keep on solid legal ground all the same. Can we find an
independant source for the values instead?

> 2) Here's a diff that I can commit... any problem with this one?

[snip]

Looks good commit away.

Brian

  • some more changes, Mark J. Lilback, 11/08/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: some more changes, Brian Bruns, 11/08/2001