freetds - Re: (SQLServer 7.0)SQL Exception.:Error Code:0:Address in use: connect

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Cameron <cameron AT stl.dec.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: (SQLServer 7.0)SQL Exception.:Error Code:0:Address in use: connect
  • Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 08:51:58 +1100

It seems you are making a TCP/IP connection once for every query. The
message 'Address in Use' occurs during a connect() if the port number
chosen at client end by the operating system for an outgoing connection
was used recently and not closed down properly. connect() is part of
the socket API.

What I need is for someone familiar with JDBC or TDS to tell me whether
the 'SQLException Address in Use' is caused by local problems or whether
it arrives via TDS.

What operating system?

When you say 'high frequency' you have made a relative measurement
against no common standard. Can you tell me how many queries in how
many seconds?

Can you change the code to not make a connection for each query?

--
James Cameron

  • Re: (SQLServer 7.0)SQL Exception.:Error Code:0:Address in use: connect, James Cameron, 11/08/2001