freetds - Re: Libtool version assumption

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Peter Harvey <pharvey AT codebydesign.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Libtool version assumption
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 11:48:33 -0800

> make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/local/packages/freetds/src/tds' /bin/sh
> ../../libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../include
> -I../../include -g -O2 -DTDS70 -DMSDBLIB -c mem.c libtool: ltconfig
> version `' does not match ltmain.sh version `1.3.3' Fatal configuration
> error. See the libtool docs for more information.

Sounds like FreeTDS is having some of the same problems with GNU auto-stuff
that are happening with unixODBC.

I have been working with Nick Gorham to try and sort the GNU auto-stuff out
on unixODBC with some success. I also noticed that there is, what looks to
be, a pretty good book out on the stuff... from O'Rielly I think.

CVS users of unixODBC do something like...

$ make -f Makefile.cvs
$ ./configure
$ make
# make install

One of the problems with the CVS code is that it contains (or did contains)
stuff which should only be generated by "make -f Makefile.cvs".

I have to run... more on this later.