freetds - RE: mssqlserver connection

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: mssqlserver connection
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 13:17:16 -0500

> Hmm..tried to do that but no progress.
> downloaded both versions(Version 0.53pre1 , freetds-current.tgz )
> the freetds-current.tgz didn't compile
>
> and the other one I did the following with.
> setenv TDSDUMP /tmp/freetds.log
> ./configure --with-tdsver=7.0
> make;

do a 'make install' prior to the make check.

> make check;
>
> My configuration looks like this.

[snip]

> output from make check.
> make check-TESTS
> make[4]: Entering directory
> `/root/sql-relay/freetds-0.53/src/tds/unittests'
> t0001.c: Testing login, logout
> FAIL: t0001
> t0002.c: Test basic submit query, results
> FAIL: t0002
> t0003.c: Testing DB change -- 'use tempdb'
> FAIL: t0003
> t0004.c: Test large (>512 bytes) queries
> FAIL: t0004
> t0005.c: Test large (>512 bytes) replies
> FAIL: t0005
> t0006.c: Test SYBREAL, SYBFLT8 values
> FAIL: t0006
> ===================
> 6 of 6 tests failed
> ***********************************
>
> Unfortunatelly, the log file is always empty. So there is nothing to work on
> there.

It is not getting very far at all, in that case.

jkl, if you are reading can we note somewhere (FAQ) that make check needs
a clean make install before running because of issues with freetds.conf

(short summary: freetds.conf is located by a configure-time value,
/usr/local/freetds/etc/freetds.conf by default, and since make install has
not been run, that file does not exist).

Solution will be to modify PWD and all the tests to use a HOST/PORT value
instead of a server value. This will mean less configuration (none
actually) before running make check anyway, so I think it is a good thing.

Cheers,

Brian