freetds - Re: FW: RE: DBD::Sybase, FreeTDS, Solaris 2.7, Perl 5.6.1

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FW: RE: DBD::Sybase, FreeTDS, Solaris 2.7, Perl 5.6.1
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 01:59:40 -0400

Eric Deutsch wrote:

> Hi, since things are heating up on the list again, I thought I'd repost an
> old message with the hope that someone can look at it. I have not been able
> to resolve this, and it sounds like several other people are having similar
> problems. I'd be happy to send more TDSDUMP files if that is helpful. My
> problem occurs on with DBD::Sybase, FreeTDS 0.52 and greater, Red Hat 7.0,
> Perl 5.6.0 in contrast to the original poster's platform.

Hi Eric,

You asked a very thorough question, and I think you deserve an answer.
For reasons I sort of understand, long questions carefully explained
sometimes get ignored on mailing lists.

The "sort of understand" is, "Gee, that question is going to take
*forever* to figure out. I'll put it aside until I have time." Time
which frequently never comes, of course.

I'm going to read the whole thing tomorrow evening. If I can shed any
light on the subject or boil it down, I'll let you know.