freetds - Re: committing to sourceforge CVS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Cameron <cameron AT stl.dec.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: committing to sourceforge CVS
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 14:50:49 +1000

"James K. Lowden" wrote:
> I added and committed faq.html and basic_jdbc_question.html to the CVS.

Cool. I just did a CVS update and here they are. I think a next step
is to remove elements from the faq.html that are covered in
userguide.sgml and begin to make links from the FAQ to the Guide.
Otherwise you have a situation of the same information being in multiple
places; a maintenance cost increment. I won't promise to look at it,
but if you see sudden changes in that area you know it might have been
me. ;-) Update and commit your changes regularly.

> Since you seem to know a little about their setup, I'd like to ask you:
> Can you explain why it's still complaining about my home directory?

No, sorry. I think you should ask them. Log a support query with them,
or check their FAQ.

> BTW, the X11 forwarding warning (below) is unavoidable as far as I
> know.

Try using 'ssh -x' on both hops. I doubt SourceForge will want to allow
X forwarding, as it can be a bandwidth consumer. The '-x' will disable
forwarding, thus removing the error message.

I've been able to 'ssh -X' through an intermediate machine and had the
sshd of a third machine pass the X connection data back through the
intermediate.

--
James Cameron (james.cameron AT compaq.com)

http://quozl.linux.org.au/ (or) http://quozl.netrek.org/