freetds - Re: committing to sourceforge CVS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: committing to sourceforge CVS
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 00:54:38 -0400

James Cameron wrote:

> James,
>
> Another hint on CVS via sourceforge ... if you send them your host
> public key you can avoid having to enter a password.
>
> % scp .ssh/identity.pub \
> jklowden AT cvs.freetds.sourceforge.net:.ssh/authorized_keys

James,

I added and committed faq.html and basic_jdbc_question.html to the CVS.

Since you seem to know a little about their setup, I'd like to ask you:
Can you explain why it's still complaining about my home directory?

I didn't do the public key dance yet, but I will, and thanks for the
tip.

BTW, the X11 forwarding warning (below) is unavoidable as far as I
know. I sit in front of lowden.schemamania.org, with a telnet/rlogin to
home.schemamania.org. It is on "home" that I ssh into sourceforge. But
"home" doesn't run an X server. Maybe if I
lowden->ssh->home->ssh->sourceforge, all those ssh's would do the Right
Thing and forward X back to lowden?

Thanks, James.

Regards,

--jkl

Session log:

jklowden@home$ ssh shell.sourceforge.net
jklowden AT shell.sourceforge.net's password:
Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding, perhaps xauth program could
not be run on the server side.
Last login: Mon Oct 22 21:36:22 2001 from jklowden-2.dsl.speakeasy.net
on pts/3
Linux usw-pr-shell2 2.4.12-shells1 #1 SMP Mon Oct 15 17:55:37 PDT 2001
i686 unknown
[snip announcement]
jklowden@usw-pr-shell2:~$ ls -a
. .. .alias .bash_history .bash_logout .bash_profile .bashrc
.cshrc
jklowden@usw-pr-shell2:~$ pwd
/home/users/j/jk/jklowden
jklowden@usw-pr-shell2:~$ exit
logout
Connection to shell.sourceforge.net closed.

jklowden@home$ cvs commit -m'as of .52' basic_jdbc_question.html
jklowden AT cvs.freetds.sourceforge.net's password:
Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding, perhaps xauth program could
not be run on the server side.
Could not chdir to home directory /home/users/j/jk/jklowden: No such
file or directory
RCS file: /cvsroot/freetds/freetds/doc/basic_jdbc_question.html,v
done
Checking in basic_jdbc_question.html;
/cvsroot/freetds/freetds/doc/basic_jdbc_question.html,v <--
basic_jdbc_question.html
initial revision: 1.1
done
cvs [server aborted]: can't chdir(/home/users/j/jk/jklowden): No such
file or directory