freetds - committing to sourceforge CVS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: committing to sourceforge CVS
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 01:18:17 -0400

Hi James,

James Cameron wrote:

> "James K. Lowden" wrote:
> > I fetched the user guide from sourceforge, updated it, and regenerated
> > the html [...] Tell me if that's clear.
>
> The issue could maybe be moved to a section off somewhere else, so that
> it can be referred to when someone looks for why their code returns
> failure from dbopen.

Noted. Good idea.

> By the way, what are you using to edit the user guide source?

We treat the sgml as plain text. I use nedit to edit the user guide.
Brian uses vi. I haven't found a free SGML editor.

> It doesn't match mine, and I've committed this morning fine.
>
> quozl:~/freetds$ cat CVS/Root
> :ext:quozl AT cvs.freetds.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/freetds
> quozl:~/freetds$ echo $CVS_RSH
> ssh

Thanks for the hint. I was using :pserver:. Doh! It's not like their
CVS page is unclear about it. Switching to :ext: helped a lot. I think
I committed the change.

I do get a bizarre error, though. Maybe something odd from how I
originally set myself up? I never used Source Forge before.

==> I answered my own question, but I'm posting the message anyway in
case anyone's interested. See:

http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=765&group_id=1#account

(I'm not sure how I was supposed to know to ssh into
shell.sourceforge.net)

Here's what happened:

jklowden@home$ cvs logout
(Logging out of jklowden AT cvs.freetds.sourceforge.net)
jklowden@home$ nedit CVS/Root
jklowden@home$ cat CVS/Root
:ext:jklowden AT cvs.freetds.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/freetds
jklowden@home$ cvs login
cvs login: can only use pserver method with `login' command
cvs [login aborted]: CVSROOT:
jklowden AT cvs.freetds.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/freetds

# Oh. I get it.

jklowden@home$ cvs commit -m 'Updated ~line 282, the description of
--enable-dbmfix' userguide.sgml
Host key not found from the list of known hosts.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Host 'cvs.freetds.sourceforge.net' added to the list of known hosts.
Creating random seed file ~/.ssh/random_seed. This may take a while.
jklowden AT cvs.freetds.sourceforge.net's password:
Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding, perhaps xauth program could
not be run on the server side.

# OK, not sure that matters.

Could not chdir to home directory /home/users/j/jk/jklowden: No such
file or directory
Checking in userguide.sgml;
/cvsroot/freetds/freetds/doc/userguide.sgml,v <-- userguide.sgml
done
cvs [server aborted]: can't chdir(/home/users/j/jk/jklowden): No such
file or directory

###
It looks to me like my home directory is for some reason set to
"/home/users/j/jk/jklowden". I'd guess it should oughta be
"/home/users/jklowden"? On the Source Forge host, that is.

==> The directory was in fact missing. Logging in the first time
creates it.