freetds - RE: FreeTDS Make Problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Martin Button" <martin.button AT program-products.co.uk>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: FreeTDS Make Problem
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 17:26:07 +0100

>> When I try to make FreeTDS I get the following output -
>>
>> Making all in include
>> tds_configs.h:No such file or directory
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Forgive me if I'm doing something stoopid (I'm new to FreeBSD) but I
can't
>> figure out what's wrong. The tds_configs.h file exists in the ./include
>> folder and from viewing it doesn't appear to reference any files that
>> don't exist.
>>
>> My setup is FreeBSD 4.3 trying to make the Current package from
>> www.freetds.org.
>
>Martin,
>
>It's not a stupid question, #1. Are you a Linux graduate? ;-)
>
>I think the simplest thing to do with FreeBSD 4.3 is to install the binary
>package from freebsd.org:
>

>ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4.3-release/All/freet
>s-0.51_3.tgz
>
>with (IIRC)
>
> # pkg_add -r freetds
>
>If you absolutely want the latest stuff, you might consider upgrading your
>ports collection; 4.4 has a port for FreeTDS 0.52. Otherwise, you're going
>to have to understand/apply any (probably small) patches that the FreeBSD
>maintainers might use to get a clean build. Not that it can't be done or
is
>even hard, necessarily, but not quite as simple as "make install".
>
>--jkl

James,

I'm coming from a Windows background so totally new to all of this.

I tried the port on a different machine but when I tried to configure PHP
with FreeTDS PHP couldn't find any of the syb*.h files. This was even after
copying them all into folders in the path.

I was hoping that do the make, make install would help but can't get it to
work.

TIA

Martin

The error message is -

In file included from internal_functions.c:38:
/usr/local/src/php-4.0.6/ext/sybase/php_sybase_db.h:67: sybfront.h: No such
file
or directory
/usr/local/src/php-4.0.6/ext/sybase/php_sybase_db.h:68: sybdb.h: No such
file or
directory
/usr/local/src/php-4.0.6/ext/sybase/php_sybase_db.h:69: syberror.h: No such
file
or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/local/src/php-4.0.6/main.