freetds - RE: Nullpointer exception

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "mlontsman" <montsman AT longbow.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Nullpointer exception
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 11:47:14 -0400

Hi Mathew,

I was experiencing exactly the same problem, and sort of got it to work by
actually recompiling a few classes. The problem had to do with the driver
not finding jdbc2.0. Unless it was there, one of the objects it was using
was left null, hence the NullPointer exception. Still not sure why it was
happening, I had jdk1.3 installed which comes with jdbc2.0.
Like I said, by hacking a few classes, I was able to get it to work for
select queries, but when it came to update statements, it was throwing 0x79
packet or something like that, I'm sure people here have heard of it.

Try using Curt Hagenlocher's release instead, it seemed to have worked for
me without problems so far:
http://www.hagenlocher.org/software/

Mark