freetds - Re: Why can't this stored procedure be called? (FreeTDS_JDBC and jtds)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Anton van Straaten" <anton AT appsolutions.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Why can't this stored procedure be called? (FreeTDS_JDBC and jtds)
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 09:29:26 -0400

Bob,

Thanks for the info. Based on other reports, it seems that SQL 7 and 2000
don't suffer from this problem. Of course I don't think anyone else has yet
tried it under SQL 6.5, so it's still possible I have some problem on my
end.

I'm now using the JUnit test, freetds.AsTest, which Andreas kindly wrote and
put into CVS. This test generates the same error for me, if you want to see
an example of client code which causes the problem. (I'll send you mine but
it's uglier :)

I tried your sample as a sanity check (sanity is good), with the same
results.

Later today I'll investigate the latest suggestion from Andreas. However,
as I mentioned, I don't want to waste anyone's time on this if it's not
something simple. I mainly wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something
and also get a bit of a better handle on the nature of the problem.

Anton