freetds - Re: Why can't this stored procedure be called? (FreeTDS_JDBC and jtds)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Anton van Straaten" <anton AT appsolutions.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Why can't this stored procedure be called? (FreeTDS_JDBC and jtds)
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 02:30:07 -0400

The query only fails with FreeTDS. It runs in all other environments I've
tested, including other JDBC drivers (e.g. JTurbo, Sprinta), ODBC drivers,
and in SQL Server 6.5 Enterprise Manager.

I have tested that stored procedure execution is working. I have had no
problems using FreeTDS for many other procedures and
other kinds of queries. In fact, I can get the problem query to work if I
replace the "insert...execute" statement with a simple "execute", in which
case the query returns two result sets, the second one empty (which
unfortunately doesn't provide the required behavior, otherwise I would just
do that).

Changing the name "Result" to something else doesn't make a difference. In
any case, that was an artifact of the test, not the original code which
triggered the problem.

Thanks for your help, though...

Anton