freetds - Re: java.sql.SQLException on Connection creation

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Greg Chakmakian <gregchak AT mac.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: java.sql.SQLException on Connection creation
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 11:50:48 -0400

Okay, I finally got the java app to run. It got through to the point where it says "Driver loaded, connecting to database..." and then it bombs. It bombs at the same place with the same error as it was in my JSP.

Bombs at:
Connection connection =DriverManager.getConnection( url, login, password );

Bombs with error:
Exception- java.lang.NullPointerException
***testjava.sql.SQLException
java.sql.SQLException
at com.internetcds.jdbc.tds.Constructors.newConnection(Constructors.java:305)
at com.internetcds.jdbc.tds.Driver.connect(Driver.java:257)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:517)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:177)
at TestFreeTDS.main(TestFreeTDS.java:26)

Could someone send me a freetds_jdbc.jar file so I can make sure its not what is causing the problem? Thanks again for everyone's help. I think I'm almost there.

-greg