freetds - RE: Does FreeTDS support OpenVMS 7.1 ?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Cameron <cameron AT stl.dec.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Does FreeTDS support OpenVMS 7.1 ?
  • Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 09:52:12 +1000

While FreeTDS has not been written to support OpenVMS, a guy in Russia
"Ruslan R. Laishev" <Laishev AT smtp.deltatel.ru> did have a go at making
it work. He contributed the source back to the list, but I do not know
if the changes were merged.

Google.com reveals this guy is involved in Radius on OpenVMS, and Samba
on OpenVMS. This is good. He seems to know what he is doing.

I checked out my mail archive. He gave a home page URL of
http://www.levitte.org/~rlaishev/ but it does not resolve for me.

I was unable to find the current source code repository of his work on
the subject.

--
James Cameron