freetds - Does FreeTDS support OpenVMS 7.1 ?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "MD32 HCYang" <HCYang AT winbond.com.tw>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Does FreeTDS support OpenVMS 7.1 ?
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 22:13:41 -0400

Dear,

Can anybody tell me FreeTDS 0.51(or future version) will support OpenVMS
7.1 ?

Our environment is running Open Client 10.0.4 now and access to MS SQL
Server 6.5.

We have a plan to migrate SQL 6.5 to SQL 2000, but Open Client 10.0.4
seems
not work properly with SQL 2000 and cause some fault error when we
executed BCP and ISQL process.

Somone tell me FreeTDS can access SQL Server 2000 properly and do BCP
process well in Unix platform.
I also found some text in your site that is "It is known to make on Linux,
FreeBSD, BSDI, AIX, Solaris, DG-UX, LinuxPPC, HP/UX and Tru64 (with a
small patch). " and it isn't point out FreeTDS will support OpenVMS.

Can anybody tell me FreeTDS will support OpenVMS or not ?
That information will very userful for us to do the migration schedule.
Thanks a lot .

Best Regard,
Graham Yang