freetds - Re: freetds.conf.pl not included in 0.52 tarball?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: freetds.conf.pl not included in 0.52 tarball?
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 11:13:16 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, Brian Bruns wrote:

> I forgot to add it to the EXTRA_DIST line...I'm planning on doing a 0.53
> tarball soon, there were some ugly bugs with interfaces files under the
> 0.52 release. Besides, TDS7 is now fully operational for big endian
> machines (yah!), and a few other features are in place, I think it's a big
> enough to justify a new release, especially if I can sort out the unicode
> stuff and get that included. I hate how I did the RPM too (call it a
> learning experience), so that'll change with 0.53 too.

Ok. Well, the .debs won't change much for 0.53; I've taken enough time to get
the 0.52 .debs together that I think I have the packaging right with the first
release. :)

Maybe I'll spruce up the packaging in 0.53 with some internationalization
stuff, but other than that, I'll be waiting for bug reports.

The .debs have now been uploaded to Debian, and should start making their way
to the ftp servers within a day or so. Packages are already built (and
tested -- including ODBC, built against iODBC and verified to work with
unixodbc, so binary compatibility here seems to be a go) for i386 and alpha
platforms, with other archen to follow soon.

Cheers,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer