freetds - Stored procedures and freetds 0.52

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Alexander Celle T." <acelle AT virtualia.cl>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Stored procedures and freetds 0.52
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 12:18:15 -0400

Hi, how can I execute a stored procedure from linux/perl using freetds 0.52
and DBD::Sybase 0.91 accesing MSSQL 7.0??

I can do common selects without problems, but I cannot retrieve output
parameters from stored procedures. Using Sybase openclient I did it with

my $stmt = "declare \@result int exec getMsgSend 194, \@result output";
my $sth = $dbh->prepare($stmt);
$sth->execute() or die $dbh->errstr;
@results = $sth->func('syb_output_params');
do
{
while ($d=$sth->fetch)
{
if ($sth->{syb_result_type} == 4042)
{
$id=$d->[0];
}
}
}while($sth->{syb_more_results});

but this doesn't work with freetds. You wonder why I want to change to
freetds??, I detected a possible memory leak in my program and I suspect it
might be the driver. If you have a good memory debugging tool that could
also help.

Thanks for any help
Alex

---