freetds - Re: BIGENDIAN & TDS 7.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: BIGENDIAN & TDS 7.0
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 07:44:56 -0400 (EDT)

Paul! Glad to see you're still around.

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Paul Schaap wrote:

> Brian,
>
> > It's in the works for 0.53, I'm hoping to have a preliminary patch
> > sometime this week (which may or may not work...)
>
> Thankyou
>

> > Of course if someone were willing to be a guinea pig...
>
> OINK OINK, I have been too quiet for too long !! ;-)
> Big Endian PPC at your service.

I've just checked in a couple of patches. I think this will allow someone
to log in, returning data on the other hand is still out there. Just run
sqsh and see what's up. I'm doing this blind, so it may completely fail.
;-)

> I am using FreeTDS(4.2) in conjunction with sqsh and PHP4.0.6 to M$ SQL
> Server all over the place here, with a live PHP billing interface with 100
> users. I'm also VERY interested in your connection pooling as my DBA has
> (todate) been kindly ignoring the massive amounts of connections we are
> using. I am also interested in how the pooling is implemented so I can
> ascertain the processing of IDENTITY (SERIAL) keys.

I haven't played with identity columns lately. Could be an interesting
problem.

The connection pooling stuff is pretty solid, just not that user friendly
and missing a couple of features. But within its scope it should work
solidly today.