freetds - Re: SQL Server Emulation

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: SQL Server Emulation
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:07:02 -0400 (EDT)

I've checked in some initial implementations for sending
TDS_COL_NAME_TOKEN and TDS_COL_INFO_TOKEN PDUs so that TDS 4.2 should
theoretically work with the server libs.

What we are really missing is some convience routines to load the result
set and row buffer structures (the equivalent of binding on the client
side). I may take a crack at that here, since I'm trying to keep my hands
off the client code, lest I break something before the release.

BTW, regarding the release, I'm trying to track down a TDS 7 text problem
and then I'll put out a pre2 release (today maybe...no promises).

Brian