freetds - Domain Logins and 0.52 tasks

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Domain Logins and 0.52 tasks
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 22:31:10 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everyone,

Well tonight I sat down to plow through the domain login stuff and got
greeted with the unfortunate message "Login failed for user
'(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection."

I'm still struggling with the exact meaning of this. I was expecting to
get a challenge sequence back. I'm guessing that the self reported client
host name is checked against existing connections and the challenge is
issued if it's ok. second possibility is one of the magic numbers contains
an identifier of some sort, but I tend to doubt that since they are not in
the right portion of the packet for it.

In any event domain auth looks unlikely to come together prior to 0.52, so
I'm going to push ahead with the release. Here is the current tasks.

Prior to 0.52:

1. Verify freetds.conf changes are working
2. Get the convert program for interfaces -> freetds.conf checked in
3. Release notes should detail how to run convert program
4. Get RPM builds ready to go
5. User Guide updated and checked in
6. Check in ODBC fixes

Maybe:

1. Maximum textsize option in TDS 7.0

Post 0.52: (not necessarily in order)

1. TDS 7 on big endian platforms
2. Domain logins
3. Unicode conversion stuff
4. TDS 8.0 support
5. TDS connection pooling stuff needs more work (tds != 4.2 support,
remove hard coded values, et al.)
6. tdsping program for testing purposes (jkl's idea)

Anyone got others?

Brian