freetds - Re: Domain Logins and 0.52 tasks

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Domain Logins and 0.52 tasks
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 00:23:18 +0000

Hi Eric,

Thanks for taking the time to document what you found. I think you gave me
some things
to add to the Known Issues.

Eric Deutsch wrote:

> freetds.conf.pl appears to be identical to README.freetds.conf.pl instead
> of a perl script. Might be just TODO or possibly CVS checkin issue.

Or just a bleary-eyed goof. Please try again; I think it will look more like
perl to
you now.

> when I do "SELECT @@TEXTSIZE" under SQL 2000, I get 64512 as a default.

Is that the documented default size, BTW? Under 7.0, the docs say TEXTSIZE
defaults to
4096, but the behavior is to report 4 GB.

> Otherwise, FreeTDS is great, I use it every day!

Still soliciting case studies, you know. Yours could be one. :)

Regards,