freetds - Re: Proposed new FreeTDS configuration format

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Proposed new FreeTDS configuration format
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 07:23:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Steve Langasek wrote:

> I was quite pleased to hear you were using OpenSSL for the NTLMSSP hashing
> in
> FreeTDS, for precisely this reason. I didn't realize OpenSSL had routines
> that would be useful as a shortcut, but given that it does, it should be
> little trouble to adapt Brian's work for use in other projects -- especially
> since so many browsers, webservers, etc. already depend on OpenSSL.

Well the entire code is 114 lines, including 20 lines of copyright
notice and another dozen or so comment lines...So, shortcut it is!

I've checked in src/tds/challenge.c into CVS so if you know anyone who is
interested...there you are. It's not hooked up to anything yet though.

The code is based on some stuff I found on the net. I contacted the
original author and he gave permission to license under LGPL. His stuff
was based on RSA or an older OpenSSL...not sure, but I had to fix a few
function calls to the latest OpenSSL API and just generally make it
fit with FreeTDS. So, ronald AT innovation.ch deserves most of the kudos for
this stuff.

Brian