freetds - Re: LONGVARCHAR in freetds JDBC max size is 4096?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Spectron Caribe, Inc." <spectron AT caribe.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: LONGVARCHAR in freetds JDBC max size is 4096?
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 15:12:11 -0400

Well, I don't know where to send this so I'll post it here. This is for the
JDBC driver. I changed the Connection_base.java file and added the
following:

- MS SQL textsize now defaults to 50000 like Sybase does
- You can use the following parameter in the database URL: textsize=<size>

Example URL:

jdbc:freetds:sqlserver//COMPUTER/DATABASE;textsize=6000

It works with Sybase as well, by setting the textsize parameter you can
reduce the default size the driver sets. I tested the changes with my java
program and it now reads the complete LONGVARCHAR as it should. Is a very
simple change, I have no idea why it wasn't in the driver.

Faw