freetds - Re: LONGVARCHAR in freetds JDBC max size is 4096?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Spectron Caribe, Inc." <spectron AT caribe.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: LONGVARCHAR in freetds JDBC max size is 4096?
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 15:14:00 -0400

Ok, I understand now. You are saying that the drivers call 'set textsize'
internally. Why doesn't freetds call's it. Is 'set textsize' a portable SQL
command? Is it valid in other SQL servers? The SELECT's and INSERT's can
easily go from MSSQL->DB2->Oracle, etc. If it is not portable and only works
with Sybase and MSSQL I think it should be added to the driver so the actual
program can be more portable. If 'set textsize' is portable between SQL
servers just ignore me.

Faw