freetds - RE: FreeTDS with MS SQL Server 2000

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: FreeTDS with MS SQL Server 2000
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 22:11:34 -0500 (EST)

Ok, let's see what we can do. Can you be a bit more precise as to how it
screws up unicode? The short term fix to get tds 7.0 working was to strip
unicode of the upper byte (which works for an iso_1 character set). Is
this what you are seeing?

If you can give a better description of what you're trying to do (PHP,
perl, C, ?) perhaps it is time to implement some locale support.

Brian