freetds - RE: FreeTDS with MS SQL Server 2000

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Cecil Stump" <cecil AT chs.picker.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: FreeTDS with MS SQL Server 2000
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 12:00:14 -0500

Hi Brian,

I must retract my earlier statment about unicode being a problem with
freetds 7.0. My original unicode problem was noted with freetds-7.0 on
release 0.50. Since I did not need unicode, and since I thought I recalled
reading that unicode was still a problem with 7.0, I did not pursue the
issue after upgrading to release 0.51.

Revisiting the unicode problem today, with release 0.51, I have determined
that NVARCHAR[] (unicode) fields appear to be working properly.

However, I still get a core dump when accessing the Northwind sample
database (included with MS SQL 2000) Employee table with

SELECT * FROM Employees

BUT ... closer investigation shows that is is not the NVARCHAR datatype, but
the IMAGE[] datatype ( aka TEXT[] ) which is causing my segmentation fault
core dumps.

I noted in your response today to Myers Carpenter's post concerning TEXT[]
fields that you are already aware of this issue.

If I can be of assistance in gathering more explicit information or testing
hypothesis for you, please drop me a line.

Regards,
Cecil Stump