freetds - stored procedure support in dblib

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Alan Griggs" <agriggs AT ieee.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: stored procedure support in dblib
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 18:17:51 -0500

I was delighted to find this project. Upon inspection of the source code,
I can see that the dbrpc* functions are not supported yet. I know you
have a lot of stuff to work on, so just for a grin, I took a look at the
packet format that the OLEDB provider for MSSQL Server uses for stored
procedure execution. I have got it pretty much worked out. I don't know
if the development team has already done this, if so, then I wasted my
time. But if not, I was hoping I could be of some help.

As far as coding, I can do C language fairly well, but it will take me a
little while to get up to speed on the existing code.

If anyone has any information or questions for me, I would be glad to help
(in my spare time only.)

FYI, I have a MSSQL 7.0 server, and a GNU/Linux Intel client.

Sincerely,

Alan Griggs