freetds - 0.51 bugs

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: 0.51 bugs
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 18:38:26 -0500 (EST)

Ok, thanks to everyone who has tested 0.51pre1! It seems we have two
fairly serious big endian bugs and a (possibly pre-existing) 64 bitness
bug.

1) TDS 7.0 doesn't work on big endian machines (see my other post)
2) We are under/overrunning a token on big endian machines, perhaps by
mistaking the size of a field (probably in the TDS_RET_STAT_TOKEN if I was
a betting man).
3) 64bit platforms not logging in. (This is probably because of the
values set in tds.h, does anyone have an autoconf example for getting the
right variable types for 16/32 bits?)

Anyway, I'm holding off releasing until we get these fixed. Am i
missing any others?

It will probably be this weekend before I can address these, since I have
some paying work that needs to be done first.

Brian

  • 0.51 bugs, Brian Bruns, 11/07/2000