freetds - BUGS and 0.51

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: BUGS and 0.51
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 23:08:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

Attached is the current bug list. If anyone has any detail on any of
these items please let me know. I'm really going to try to push for a new
release shortly as 0.50 is positively ancient.

If there are any known bugs that don't appear here let me know that too.
I'm really trying to make an extra effort to keep this thing up to date.

Cheers,

Brian

Recently Fixed
--------------
1. Bug under SQL 7 with large (> 512 bytes) queries. (default block size
is changed by the server)

Believed Fixed
--------------
1. Negative smallmoney values not working
2. ct_cancel/dbcancel doesn't work right

Needs Fixing
------------
1. Core dump on failed login see dblib/unittests/t0001
(return from dbopen() not checked, but should it coredump?)
2. Text values not being handled for ctlib/dblib, tds works
(I think dblib works, but ctlib needs work)
3. Fix formatting of dbprhead/dbprrow...its a little off
(Anybody care?)
4. stored procedure return statuses not propagated
(more detail?)
5. text/image does not work for row buffering under dblib.
6. Intermittant crash with PHP apache module. (Unknown marker messages
appear in the log...working hard on this one now that I have access
to a machine were this happens).
7. make clean doesn't do obdc or unittests directories
8. change in dbsqlexec has broken query pending client msg under dblib

Reported but not confirmed
1. text values getting truncated to 255 bytes under TDS 7. (can someone
provide more detail?)
2. Insert/Update queries reported not to work on TDS 7.