freetds - JDBC driver multi thread

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Julien de Murcia" <demurcia AT sablet.grenoble.hp.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: JDBC driver multi thread
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 12:03:13 +0200

Hi all,

I guess it is not the first time that someone ask this question, but I could
not find the answer. I'd like to know if the free tds jdbc driver is thread
safe. Can I create and execute statements from different threads on the same
java.sql.Connection instance, or do I need synchronization ?
Is this feature driver specific, or is there any requirement in the java.sql
api ?

Thanks,
Julien.

  • JDBC driver multi thread, Julien de Murcia, 10/19/2000